Industry news archive
The Symposium on Regional Energy Security is being held in Baku
Managing Director for Market Development and Trading System of JSC "KOREM" E. Madiev With the support of the PCA program, USAID participated in the regional symposium on energy security, which was held in Baku (Azerbaijan) from September 19 to 22, 2022.
The seminar was attended by representatives of Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Uzbekistan.
The event is organized by the Center of Excellence of ADA University in the Field of EU Studies in close cooperation and with the support of the NATO Center of Excellence in Energy Security and the State Oil Company of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The symposium discussed the following issues:
- regional energy security in the oil and gas and electric power industries;
- energy policy and existing threats, energy logistics issues and cooperation of countries in the region;
- protection and sustainability of critical energy infrastructure;
- terrorism and regional threats;
-the relationship between cybersecurity and energy security;
- Turkey's view on energy security, the approach of the private sector to energy security.
In general, this symposium was an effective platform for further strengthening regional energy security, regional coordination (cooperation), interdepartmental coordination and public-private partnership.